DANA RUNNING FOUNDATION
33333 Golden Lantern, Dana Point, CA 92629
firstname.lastname@example.org | EIN: 271934295
THE DANA RUNNING FOUNDATION MISSION:
- 1. To establish and foster organizational and financial support and to create a positive environment for the student athletes of Dana Hills High School (DHHS) to succeed in athletics and academics.
- 2. To foster and maintain school spirit among the students, faculty, parents, and the community of DHHS.
- 3. To encourage adult support and assistance in promoting the boys and girls Cross Country program of DHHS.
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE:
Welcome to the 2019 Cross Country Season! Board meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. sharp in the Faculty Lounge at the high school. When the first Tuesday falls on a holiday, meetings will be rescheduled to the following Tuesday. Board members are required to be at all meetings, and all parents are encouraged to attend. Members missing three or more consecutive meetings are in violation of the bylaws and could be subject to dismissal.
- ¬ July 9, 2019 (Bumped back a week due to 4th of July holiday)
- ¬ August 14, 2019
- ¬ September 3, 2019
- ¬ October 1, 2019
- ¬ November 5, 2019
- ¬ December 3, 2019 (Date subject to change to date of XC banquet; this is the mandatory annual meeting, all must attend)
- ¬ January 7, 2020 (Subject to cancelation if annual meeting is held during XC banquet)
Each month, prior to the board meeting, the meeting agenda will be emailed out to all board members. Please print and bring the agenda with you. If you cannot make a meeting, please email Audra Smith at OCWebhomes@gmail.com to let us know.
Board Member Contact Info:
President: Audra Smith (949) 289-2495 OCWebhomes@gmail.com
Vice President: Staci Kline (714) 424-2099 email@example.com
Treasurer: Kerri Hoagland (949) 433-3212 Kerri.Hoagland@wdc.com
Secretary: Carrie Rice (949) 633-2062 firstname.lastname@example.org
Members at Large:
*For a copy of the By-laws email email@example.com
2019 DANA RUNNING FOUNDATION XC Volunteer Info:
Dana Hills has one of the most successful XC Programs in the State. Maintaining this high-performance level year after year would be impossible without the support of parent volunteers. The main events and activities requiring parent volunteer support are listed below. For the 2019 season, we will be using SignUp Genius to manage and track volunteer assignments.
2019 Parent Volunteer Opportunities:
- • Spirit Wear & Distribution
We will need a few parents to help head up the distribution of spirit wear orders, as well as help us manage & organize spirit wear inventory.
- • 46th Annual Dana Hills Nike Invitational – Saturday, September 28th
This is the Dana Hills XC program’s biggest event of the season and we need every Dana Hills XC family to participate. The SignUp Genius event for DHI is already posted and you will start receiving emails and reminders to sign up. In the meantime, sign ups can be found at:
- • End of Season XC Yearbook
This is a large undertaking where we, along with the Coaches, put together season stats (races, times, splits) photos from all the meets, etc. and put together an amazing yearbook to handout to the athletes at the end of season banquet.
- • End of Season Banquet – December 3rd
The end of season awards banquet is a great chance to reflect on the season and acknowledge the athletes, coaches, and parents that make it all possible. More details, including volunteer slots to be provided during the season.
- • Individual Meets, Hydration and Nutrition – Throughout the Season
For each meet, we will be looking for a parent volunteer for each class/team level (freshmen, sophomores, JV and Varsity) to be responsible for coordinating hydration and nutrition for their respective team. This role requires the volunteer to collect the donated items prior to the meet and ensure that they are available at the meet. SignUp Genius events will be created for each meet with these needed positions and provisions.